19 Oct What to Know about Holiday Travel
Travel during the holidays can be absolutely magical, but if you are not careful, it can be completely disastrous. Here are 5 things you should know before heading out your front door:
- The best day to fly during the holidays is on the holiday itself! Airline prices skyrocket during the holidays and when it comes to saving, every penny counts. If you want to fly during the holidays then purchase a flight departing on holidays such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Book early! If you haven’t already reserved your travel for the rapidly approaching holidays, your chances of getting what you want are slim and there will be a lot of high price offers. Believe it or not, now is the perfect time to start thinking about your holiday vacation for next year! By the time flight schedules are published (10 months in advance of departure date) you will already be ahead of the game.
- Thinking about traveling during Spring Break? Be aware that a lot of college students are thinking the same thing. Don’t be shocked if there is a college party going on in a hotel room next to yours. Either join in the fun or vacation some other time.
- If you are flying, don’t wrap the gifts! This will make going through TSA much easier for everyone involved.
- There are a lot of people traveling during the holidays, including Spring Break and Fall Break, and getting sick is the last thing on most people’s mind. Make sure to stay hydrated and pack some hand sanitizer in your bag just in case!
For more holiday travel advice, check this out: Going Away for the Holidays
Photos are taken in person or provided by the supplier except where credited.