16 Dec Cancun: What to do and Where to Go
In this cold season we find ourselves in, it’s time to head over to a place where the sun shines upon sandy beaches and beautiful ocean waves beckon you. Let’s hear the joyous sighs of wondrous relaxation as we head away to Cancun. While I could spend my time soaking in the sun, drinking sweet fruity beverages all day and every day, there is more to life on Cancun than camping out on the beach. After knowing what you can do, you’ll be craving the Cancun life before you know it! Check out these top 5 Cancun recommendations:
- Mayan Ruins – Whether it’s Chichen Itza, Tulum, or Coba, these Mayan archaeological sites should be at the top of your list. With magnificent ancient structures still standing today, these ruins are a whole other world full of history, art, and exploration. Learn about a long-ago civilization that has left its mark in history.
- Isla Mujeres – After a busy day in the city of Cancun, you’ll definitely want to spend your next day over on the “Island of Women.” This peaceful little island is a great day trip. Rent a golf cart to drive around the island. Snorkel in a turtle safe haven or kayak over smooth, blue waters.
- Cenotes – A cenote is a natural water whole where bedrock once stood. It is the ideal place for families with little kids or novice swimmers who want to do a bit of snorkeling. Find yourself in a jungle paradise as you discover underwater sea life, waterfalls, and beautiful foliage.
- Coco Bongo Cancun – For a night out on the town, this is the place to be. Head to the night club or enjoy one of the many available live shows sure to fulfill your entertainment needs.
- Mercado 28 – This “market to market” area is great for friends, couples and families alike. Shop traditional candy, toys, pottery and more. Find yourself authentic Cancun souvenirs for the whole family to enjoy.
Hyatt Ziva: Last, but never least, if you are going to go to Cancun, you must vacation right. And that means staying at the Hyatt Ziva is every part of your holiday stay as all of the activities you will do. Mexico is the birthplace of all-inclusive resorts, and as such, the Hyatt Ziva knows how to do it right. As an all-inclusive, your flight, accommodations, food and drinks are all included. That’s rightl! Even the snacks in the mini bar are free for the munching. With 16 lounges, restaurants and bars to choose from, even the pickiest eater in the family will find bliss. Plus, the Hyatt Ziva offers music and entertainment, activities and classes, and poolside service. The Hyatt Ziva is located right on the beach, but also offers 3 infinity pools, an adults-only pool, and a KidZ Club that has a water play area. You truly will be relaxing in style.
Pack those bags and a bottle of sunscreen. Cancun awaits!
Portions of the travel mentioned here may have been provided at a reduced rate or complimentary by travel suppliers. Photos are taken in person or provided by the supplier except where credited.